Friday, May 6, 2011

Sports: The Vehicle of Marketing Success for Men

Yesterday in our e-Marketing class our professor, Sven, reminded us of the requirements for our blog project. I was one of the many students who realized, "son of a mother duck, I should probably post some blogs on the required content." Well timed my German instructor.

Considering the nerds who run the pro blogging sites never post about sports, athletes, or any kind of ball, I turn to the only blog at my disposal that does mention this realm, the blog of 3 of my classmates, CommercialsAreUs, all 3 are athletes. Soooooooo I check out their ish a lot.

Their blog looks at, you guessed it, commercials, but also the TV industry in general. I noticed that some of the ads they were mentioning used sports as a vehicle to a successful campaign.

The two ads I saw were for beer, and fast food (Burger King). Which got me to thinking, these are two categories wherein the majority of consumption comes from men. Which then led to my breakthrough, that isn't entirely a breakthrough, considering its stereotypical public knowledge, that running ads that employ sports as the vehicle for portraying your message is a great way to make men buy your product.


This got me to thinking...why is that?

Gentlemen, why do ads that employ sports appeal to you?

Ladies, do ads that employ sports appeal to you? Do you feel left out the the sports marketing inner circle?

Here are some to think about...
~Z

1 comment:

  1. To answer your question of why ads with sports apeal to me, I would have to say it is because I am an athlete and have played sports my whole life. For these types of ads, I'm drawing in almost instantly. I can relate to what is going on in the ad and I appreciate it. I can't speak for every guy or athlete, but sports marketing campaigns are the way to go to reach this consumer.

    ReplyDelete