Saturday, March 5, 2011

Favorite Sports Ads

We all have sports ads that appeal to us, whether that be banners, commercials, or viral videos. For me personally, my favorite sports ads employ either humor or swagger. These are a few of my favorites...

Nike's Ad with LeBron James that claims,"YOU WANT TO BE BETTER THAN ME," is one of my favorites because it sticks with you. LeBron is looking completely yoked in this pic, and he's about to throw down. This awesome pic coupled with the fact that he's one of the best in the league makes Nike's pitch that much more powerful.

By far one of my favorite ad campaigns of ALL-TIME is adidas' "IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING." I connect with it personally because my favorite Bible verse is Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." 

The "Fast Don't Lie" viral music video is one of my favorites because it's absolutely ridiculous with a dash of swagger (get it? dash like as in cooking, but also cause it's a video about speed...ya...skills). From 1:31 on it's pure joy.

The K-Swiss Tubes ads with Kenny Power are genius. Kenny Powers oozes cockiness, and his trashing of actual world class athletes is hilarious...translation, best spokesperson ever.

Lastly, Nike's "My Better is Better Than Your Better." I love this campaign. Having people tell me they're better than my best makes me want to work harder to eclipse them.

All in all, the most important duty each of these ads have is they have to actually motivate consumers to buy what they're pitching. So here's my question to you...




DO THESE ADS WORK?

~Z

2 comments:

  1. Interesting campaigns. Personally, I liked the K-Swiss videos the most. They were the most humorous ads. The spokesperson is a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really believe you will do much better in the future I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you  offer! Cars for sale ads

    ReplyDelete