Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Puppies and Beer

Currently in our e-Marketing class we are running a Google Adword campaign for a dog pet rescue.  While we have been running this campaign I became curious whether any beer companies use puppies or dogs in their advertising, because everyone likes to see cute dogs right??  Many companies use animals in their advertisements, as they know that cute animals can sell products or at least give you a warm fuzzy feeling about the brand.

One TV ad I found that I thought used puppies perfectly to demonstrate the stereotype that women will be attracted to a man who has a cute puppy, was the Jim Beam "Rent a Puppy":


Budweiser has consistently used dogs in their ads, most recently the Dog Sitter which aired during the Superbowl this year:


I also really like the Budweiser commercial that shows two dogs fetching beer for their masters:


As I was researching these ads, I came across a Korean beer  called "Happy Lager" that is actually made for dogs.  Kinda strange honestly, I don't know if it actually has any alcohol in it, but would you buy beer for your dog?  I'd rather buy it for myself!


What are your thoughts about using animals in advertisements?  Do you think they are successful?

-Karina

2 comments:

  1. Check out this site: Top Ten Beer Commercials with Dogs

    http://www.petvr.com/index.php/pages/dogbeercommericals.html

    I think those ads can be quite effective. Oftentimes they incorporate humor. They a memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this website when I was searching for advertisements, they're great!

    ReplyDelete